September 29, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Weeks 28 & 29

Me and my mom on my 28th birthday- 28 weeks pregnant


I know, bad Lauren.  I never got around to updating last week, so they are being lumped into one entry.

I hit a milestone- I now go in every 2 weeks for baby checkups!  It’s nerve-wracking to wait so long in between visits for me.

We had an ultrasound at this last appointment.  It was part 2 of the anatomy scan since they couldn’t get some essential pictures last time.  Since the baby is so much bigger now, they couldn’t any good profile or face shots.  Typical.  They still couldn’t see the heart like they wanted to, but they were able to get some curve they needed plus the pic of where the umbilical cord connects to the body. 

The heart beat was in the 140s and strong.

Based on head and femur (and some other part that I can’t recall right now) measurements, the baby is in the 70% percentile.  My doctor was fine with that.  It was really important to know at this stage due to my gestational diabetes, which causes abnormally large babies if not kept under control.  Although larger, the baby wasn’t large enough at this point to cause concern.  She will scan me again around 36 weeks to see if we need to have a section or try for a vaginal birth.  Right now the baby is a little over 3 pounds in weight.

In other news, I lost 4 or 5 pounds since the past month.  I think I have gained it all back since then, but I was still surprised when I stepped on the scale.  My blood pressure was higher than normal, but still well within the normal range (my BP is usually a little low).

My back still hurts, I am getting tired more easily, and my feet hurt.  Happy happy, joy joy.  I can’t wait until I get to the point where it’s too hard to push around a grocery cart and I have to call my mom to help me grocery shop, lol.

And since you are dying to know, the baby is the size of a butternut squash (yum!) this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment