September 26, 2011

Not related to the post, but this is a pic from the library on Friday.


We had a fun weekend with lots of family time (and football games...).

Little man has a scrape on his knee from tripping on the driveway, but he didn’t even flinch when it happened.  He did have a mishap on Saturday, though, that made me want to sit on the floor and cry…  Rickybear was on the swing outside with his daddy after eating lunch.  He fell asleep, and when he woke up, Richard could tell right away that something was wrong.  He immediately got him out of the swing, but it was too late- Rickybear was motion sick.  Richard knocked on the back door to get my attention and I came to it just in time to see the baby throwing up all over him.  He looked so scared and he had his little hand up by his mouth and it just kept coming and coming.  And then he started crying.  OMG I wanted to cry with him.  When he was done, I grabbed him and got him into the kitchen sink as quickly as possible and sprayed him down.  THEN I got his clothes and diaper off, lol.  He calmed down a bit because he LOVES a bath, but he was upset again as soon as it was over.  I put him in his pajamas and just snuggled with him on the couch.  He never lets me snuggle him nowadays, but he was still kinda shaking and he made no effort to get up out of my arms.  I tried not to feed him right away, but he was really hungry, so I made him some warm toddler formula and he was good to go.  He forgot about it soon after, but I won’t be forgetting that for a long time.

In other news, I think I praise my child too much.  We keep the new slide inside the house and have been storing it in the guest room, so we pulled it into the living room on Sunday so lil man could play.  He is too much of a daredevil to leave it out all the time.  He loves that thing- it’s too cute!  After he slid down the first time, he clapped and yelled “you did it!” Richard and I could both understand what he said.  It was hysterical, but he was right, he did it!  He repeated it over and over. 

Here is a list of words he seems to be able to say:

Mama
Dada
Nana
Light
Ball
Red
Yay
You did it
Baby
Beep beep
Hi
Bye

I think he said "kitty" yesterday and I am pretty sure I heard a "no" on Saturday… so I will have to watch that one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment