September 16, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 27 Weeks

I know I am totally late posting this week’s pregnancy update, but at this point, there isn’t too much to update.

This week the baby is a cauliflower.  Ew.

Everyone is saying that I am going to be having a girl.  Maybe that’s wishful thinking on their parts because most people seem to think the ideal situation would be to have one of each.  I don’t know about that.  I wanted a girl during my first pregnancy.  I wanted to have a relationship with my daughter like the one I have with my mom.  Also, I figured that if I had a girl and she decided to have children, that she would be more likely to let me have a bigger role in their lives.  I hope that if my son has kids that my daughter in law likes me!!   No matter….

Now that I have a boy, I kind of want another boy.  I want him to have a playmate to be rough & tumble with.  A partner in crime, if you will.  Someone to play sports with out back.  I would say we already have tons of boy clothes, but this baby will be born in completely opposite seasons from the last.  I know what to do with a boy!  And I have heard that boys are “easier” to raise than girls.  All I know is I love having a little boy.  And as independent as he may be, he still needs his mommy when he is sick or falls and bumps something.

But a girl would be neat to have too….

(I know I said I didn’t have much to update… but I guess I do…)

I made my goal of walking three times last week, even if it was 20 mins each time.  I haven’t really done much walking this week.  I am feeling super lazy and it feels like such a big chore!!  I even got the baby all piled into the stroller and made it about 10 steps out of the driveway before turning around and coming back inside.  Rickybear was none too pleased about that.

My blood sugar has been pretty good, except for the reading I just took (148!!) because I had McDonald’s for lunch and went overboard.  I should have given my husband the rest of my fries, but they were salty and DELICIOUS!  I am going out to dinner with my hubby tonight for my birthday (which is Sunday!!), but I already went online and found out the nutrition information for what I want to eat at Outback.  If I skip the Aussie Fries and have a dinner salad instead, I should be in the clear!  We are also going to the movies, even though there is not much out that I care to see and nothing plays at a convenient time.  There is not much else this preggo feels like doing right now in my current state.

I did buy myself a birthday present, though.  I am going to a local spa on Saturday for a prenatal massage!!  A whole hour of husband-free, baby-free BLISS!  I got one last pregnancy, but the lady was more into reflexology than anything and didn’t have much experience with prenatal services, even though she was certified in it.  I either needed a massage or a visit to the chiropractor because I felt like I had a pinched muscle in my right lower back.  It’s felt better throughout the week, but I still think I deserve a massage as a reward for growing this baby.  Next Friday, I will use a Groupon I purchased to get 55% off a manicure/pedicure, which I haven’t had in at least 2 years.  I am thrilled for that, too!

Little baby is moving a lot this week, which is great because I get paranoid when I don’t feel it every few hours.

We have another appointment on Tuesday for blood work, another try at the anatomy ultrasound, and a regular OB checkup, so I am super excited about that!

Have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Little boys are the best! As much as I'd love a daughter, the thought of brothers makes my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete