September 19, 2011

Birthday happiness

Good morning!

I had a really great weekend!  Maybe even a good enough weekend to carry me through this hectic, rainy Monday.

On Friday night my hubby and I went to Outback and then we went to go see the Lion King in 3D.  It was really good!  I didn’t realize that it was originally released in 1994!  So long ago!  I loved that movie when I was younger.  When we got home, I discovered the lovely flower and presents that hubby had set out for me.  Super thoughtful.  He is also one of those people who writes his own inscriptions in his cards, usually complete with a picture.  Please see below (and yes, that little bitty stick figure is the baby in my belly).  Too sweet.



Saturday held some much needed mommy/baby time.  I was trying my best to get out the door on time to make it to my prenatal massage, but Rickybear wasn’t having it.  I was filling up the tub to take a bath and he threw a monster tantrum to get in, so my relaxing soak turned into a bath for two.  That kid loves water.  Even after I got out and drained the water, he was still content to sit in there and play, even though I know he had to be cold. 

I got to the spa and it was kinda of awkward since I haven’t really done something like that before.  I wish I was a woman of leisure so I could do it all the time.  =)  From the big plush robes to the nice hot tub, the “relaxation room” with the wonderful waters and teas available, and the wonderful massage with the best smelling candles ever…. yeah, I could get used to that!  I did feel kinda of sick afterwards, but I guess that was the toxins leaving my body.  An hour later, I felt much better and my skin was so soft.  Love!  Then my parents and my hubby met me at Superior Grill for dinner.  When I was a teen/early 20s, I used to go there every year for my birthday with as many friends as I could fit at a table.  As much as I miss those days and those friendships, this is where I am meant to be in my life and I really enjoyed it.

Sunday brought another day of birthday celebrations.  My MIL had a gathering at her house for me and her other son (my BIL) who had a birthday on Saturday.  She went all out with the cooking.  I am really fortunate that we have so much family nearby that really cares for us.  I know that taking care of us and doing nice things for us brings her a lot of joy and I can’t express my appreciation enough.  She did try to set the house on fire, though, with all the candles on our cakes!  She had one for her son and one for me, and she put a candle for every year old we were.  I didn’t actually count them, but it was enough to make me cringe.  =)  I am in my late-20s now…. when did that happen?!?!



Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment