November 10, 2010

This past weekend was a wonderfully lazy and relaxing weekend.  After date night on Friday night, hubby and I went baby shopping.  Basically, we just needed some more formula, but then we saw the sippy cups!  We ended up buying a purple and yellow (LSU!!) Playtex First Sipster sippy cup.  Well, I decided to test it out Saturday morning.  Why did I think he would catch on his first time trying??  I was completely wrong!  He looked like he was trying to fit the whole lid in his mouth!  He didn’t get the sucking action, so I will put it in the cabinet and pull it back out in a few more weeks.  As for the product itself, it seems really well designed and durable, and I had no problems with it leaking.  We have also been using slow flow nipples on his bottles, so I bought some Gerber medium flow nipples to begin using so when he does try the sippy cup again, he won’t choke.  I can only learn by trying, right?


The highlight of the day was Rickybear was able to meet some more of his cousins.  My cousin was in town from Alabama to babysit while her husband and brother attended the LSU vs. Alabama game.  She brought Cameron, her soon-to-be four year old son with her and he was such a treat!  They were watching Sam, who is nine months old.  Watching him play was like taking a look at what I have in store for the future with my son.  Sam is a master crawler and can pull himself up to standing.  He was getting into all sorts of trouble and toys were EVERYWHERE.  I need to treasure my lil stationary man as much as I can now because once he can crawl, my home will be in chaos.  And toys that make music?  No, thank you!  So annoying after hearing it play over and over and over!


Aside from the play date, Rickybear watched a lot of football this weekend and did a lot of bouncing.  Both his grandmothers stopped by to say hello to him, as well, so he was spoiled rotten with attention.

Since I am resigned to the fact that my son will be sleeping in our room with us until he goes to college, I bought the Dream With Me 3 mattress for his Pack 'n Play.  I ordered it from Amazon and it came in two days.  He likes it, I like it- looks like a success.  He does seem to be sleeping better on it, too.  Still waking up at 2 am for a nighttime snack, but a lot less wiggling around otherwise.  OH, and just because we turned the clock back Saturday night DID NOT mean we got to sleep an extra hour.  Apparently I forgot to explain to my 5 month old son what Daylight Savings is. 

Hubby asked me over the weekend when the baby can stay in the bed with us.  With as many pillows as we sleep with and as much as we toss and turn- I am not sure it would be such a good idea.  I also am remembering how fleeting sleep was when I was pregnant with this baby, and if we plan to have another one soon, I don’t see how that would work very well for me with a wiggly infant/toddler sharing a bed with me.  I will have to think on that one for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment