November 4, 2010

Halloween Fun

Dear Rickybear,

Your first Halloween has come and gone and I am happier for it.  I know you won't remember this as you are older so I want to be sure to document it all.  =)

A few weeks ago you went to the Corn Maize.  We took you in the stroller, but I felt like the worst mother in the world because you were just SO HOT.  We somehow picked the one day with a high ozone alert!  I ended up stripping you down and carrying you in my arms because the stroller was a heat trap.  Once you cooled down you seemed to have a good time.  It was the first time for you to see farm animals, especially the goats, who's sounds you imitated your first six weeks of life.  And the pig races!  What fun!


As for Halloween day, you went over to Nana and Grandpa's house.  You refused to nap when we got there, so you played in your highchair while we ate.  As soon as we were done I whisked you to the backyard so you could play with... PUMPKIN GUTS!  I had been waiting weeks for this moment.  SERIOUSLY!  You have never felt something squishy like this and you were covered in head to toe with gook!  We took a million pictures of you because you were squealing and loving it.  In hindsight, maybe I should have stripped you of your onsie as well, but who knew that pumpkin stained??  At least you were wearing black!  This was the first time you sat unsupported without toppling over.  You sat up for nearly 3 minutes all by yourself.  I was so proud of you.


Once back inside you picked what cutout you wanted Grandpa to carve on your tiny pumpkin.  I dressed you in your adorable Halloween costume while Grandpa carved away.  Once it was all finished, you tried to eat it.  You soon grew tired and zonked out in the swing, but at least you had fun while it lasted.  We all went home and hid from the trick-or-treaters then.  I figured that if you weren't going door to door, there was no sense in handing out candy.  Besides, we had a Saints game to watch!


You were my most favorite treat of all this Halloween and I can't wait to see what fun you will have on these next upcoming holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment