August 9, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 22 Weeks

The baby is the size of a spaghetti squash this week.  Last pregnancy, I wouldn’t have know what that was, but this go-around, I am super familiar with them.  When Rickybear was just learning to eat solids, he loved squash of all kinds!  I made my own baby food, so I can tell by taste the difference between butternut/acorn/summer/spaghetti squash! 

I have started to have some swelling in my legs at this point, so I really need to increase my water intake, seeing as I am only halfway there.  My wedding rings still fit (barely), though.

I fell down the stairs at work last week, though.  Never had an accident like that with baby #1.  I was walking down the stairs and slipped.  I grabbed the handrail and slid down about 7 steps on my shins.  I was just kind of stunned when it was all over and I burst into tears right then and there.  No one else saw my little meltdown.  I was already on my way to HR to drop off some paperwork, so I reported it while I was there.  I had a deep bruise (that turned dark purple within hours of the fall) on my right arm from grabbing the rail, a handful of bruises up and down my legs/ankles, and some brush burns, but I am otherwise ok.  I didn’t hit my stomach or anything like that.  I faxed a letter to my OB about it, but she didn’t ask me to come in.  The baby was still moving all around that night, so that eased my worries.

Still no weight gain, but I am wearing a lot more of my preggo clothes now.  Since the fall, no more high heels, either.

I just felt the baby kick me now!  I guess he/she wants me to say that I feel the baby daily, normally around lunch and when I am going to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment