August 12, 2011

I just had a typical mommy morning.  The baby was fussy all night long, so I alternated sleeping in the nursery with sleeping on the couch.  Three minutes before my alarm went off, he woke up screaming and shaking.  It’s a good thing daddy was still home, because he was able to hold him and sing to him while I made a warm cup of milk.  After he drank all the milk, little boy proceeded to projectile spit-up a good bit of what he drank, so I got him all cleaned up… but then he had a stinky diaper, so I had to clean that up, too.  =)  I had to work for my “mommy” title this morning.

Of course this means that I was running late for work.  On the drive to drop Rickybear off with his Nana, I drove thru blinding rain, but once I hit the exit ramp for the exchange point, the skies cleared up and I was able to drop him off with no problem.  I think his rocky morning was completely forgotten when I hugged him goodbye because he was all smiles and giggles.  That made my morning all worthwhile…

Plus, I still made it to work early and was able to have a big cup of (decaf!) coffee. 



(And yes, mom, I realize you have your glasses on and you don't like pics with your glasses on, but you look great and it's a super cute pic!!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic because of precious Rickybear. I look super Nana-ish, which is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete