August 22, 2011

I hate teething

Baby life has been busy lately.  We had tooth number 8 cut through last Saturday 5/13.  Nights have been nightmarish.  My STTN baby is now a wake up all night baby, so my days have been sluggish.  Teething sucks.  Tylenol wasn’t cutting it, so we have moved onto Motrin.  I feel so bad for him because he is still sleeping but he is wailing at the top of his lungs.  I have done everything you “shouldn’t” do in response- giving him a sippy cup to get him back to sleep, rocking him back to sleep, and letting him cuddle up next to me in bed.  But I know that once this next tooth cuts (perhaps a molar?) that he will be back to my sweet peaceful baby. 

Rickybear has become a constant babbler.  He is a very clever mimic, as well.  I finally caught him on video saying “booga booga booga” which I assume is because I call him Boogie, “light” (which he will say when a light comes on or turns off or simply catches his attention, and “bye bye”.  I am not sure he understands the concept of bye bye and he doesn’t wave yet, but at least he can say the words.  He says “E-I-E-I” but can’t get the O yet.  =)  When I woke up Sunday he was sitting up next to me and I swear he said “Wa play” since I always ask does he “wanna play?”  Finally, he woke daddy up on Sunday and we both thought he asked daddy if he “sweep good”… as in “sleep good”.  It’s crazy how he was so slow to start talking at all (which the pedi said was normal for boys), but now he is picking things up left and right.  It’s so fun to carry on conversation with him nowadays!

The highlight of my weekend was playing outside with Rickybear on Sunday afternoon.  We set up the sprinkler in the backyard, but he was actually more leery of it than anything and just kept running away from it.  We kept the sprinkler on, but I pulled out the baby pool and started filling it up with the hose.  Has he never seen a hose before?  He was so excited!  And every time he splashed himself in the face with it or was hit by the sprinkler, he would scrunch up his eyes and throw both hands up by his head.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  It was so funny.  I let him play for an hour and he was still mad at me when I made him dry off and go inside.  He definitely loves the water.

I am too tired to think of anything else to write for now, so I will let this be it for now. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment