February 27, 2011

Whew!

The laundry is drying, the baby is sleeping, the dishes are in the dishwasher, the hubby is out running an errand, my first ever brisket is cooking in the oven... and I can finally sit down and write a blog! 

This week was actually a big week for baby- lots to document, both good and bad.  A lot of milestones were made, so I guess I will just list them out.
  • Tuesday 2/22- first kisses for daddy
  • Wednesday 2/23- stayed standing unsupported for 10 seconds and cut his first tooth!!
  • Saturday 2/26- first bo-bo that required a band aid (took some skin off the index finger on his left hand) and first kisses for mommy!!
Baby and I have started walking around the neighborhood in the afternoon.  When I am not up for that, we have been sitting in the front yard on a blanket.  Since the temperature has been in the 70s, all of the neighbors have been out and about as well.  Ricky and I met another mommy and her 4 month old son who lives a street over.  We still haven't met the baby girl who was born less than a month ago that lives right across the street.  There are so many older boys in the neighborhood- I am already worrying that they will be a bad influence on my lil man.  I can protect my sweetheart forever, right??

Rickybear looks like he wants to stand up on his own, but just isn't there yet.  He will get up like a bear on his hands and feet and sway there a bit, but then he always sits back down.

Rickybear also has another stuffy nose.  We are using Vicks rub and the Vicks vaporizer, as well as the humidifier.  Good grief, that child screams like I am torturing him when I try to suction his nose out!  And I expect him to understand me when I tell him that it's for his own good (ha!).

I think that's it for now- Rickybear turned 9 months on Friday and I have to get started on his 9 month post!

No comments:

Post a Comment