February 11, 2011

A funny anecdote

Happy Friday!  This weekend won’t be quite as full as the last, thank goodness.  I also don’t think we’ll be working any OT.  After reviewing my baby food stock last night, I see that I need to take some time this weekend to replenish the supply.  I just wish there were a better selection of fruits (peaches, mangos, etc) for him to try.  But I will make do with what’s in season and he will love it.  I never did get around to pureeing that chicken for him, but I will buy some strips this weekend and cook them and see how that goes.  *fingers crossed*

And to throw some humor in here for you…  Mommy learned a few good lessons from Rickybear on Wednesday night.  I learned that during the winter it’s not cool to leave your baby happily playing on the kitchen floor when you run outside in your jammies and fuzzy slippers to throw something in the deep freezer outside.  Why?  Because my baby is a shadow and by the time I ran back to the back door, Ricky was sitting on the mat just inside the closed door, giggling and talking, and beating on the door with his little hands.  OMG.  And it’s not like I can just push the door open and scoot him out of the way.  It doesn’t work that way!  So instead, I just stood there in the freezing wind and tried to tell him to scoot back a foot so mommy could come back inside!  Thank goodness for the cat!  Sushi ended up hearing us (I guess??) and walked into the kitchen and as soon as Ricky saw her he bee-lined after her.  Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment