February 4, 2011

Eat some corn!

I steamed some corn yesterday and it was so yummy that I thought my lil man would enjoy some, too!

He isn't old enough to eat corn, even ground up, so I just gave him the cob after the corn was off.  Even without butter or salt it was super tasty and he gnawed on it for ten minutes.  As daddy pointed out, it probably felt great on his teething gums.

For dinner last night I grilled some chicken on the George Foreman grill and served it with some red pepper alfredo sauce over pasta.  Delicious!  I am a little leery of pureeing meat, but I guess I need to try and see if he wants it.  I saved some chicken breast to boil with some basil today and once it's cold, I will puree it and add it to some carrot or squash puree. 

To any mommys who make their own baby food- how do you prepare meats?

3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid of the meats! Let me know if you find anything out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little one doesn't eat food yet - but what type of food processor do you use? Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I don't use anything fancy. I have a bigger processor made by Oster with a lot of attachments, but my little one works much better. I use Cuisinart's Mini-Prep Plus. It gets it so much finer!

    For tougher jobs I throw it in my Cuisianrt blender.

    I use a cheap NordicWare steamer (http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Vegetable-Seafood/dp/B00008UA3J) or else let the fruit veggies simmer in water on the stove. I am so glad I didn't invest in the all-in-one baby food makers or the Baby Bullet. What I use works great!!

    When it comes time, feel free to ask me any questions you might have! Are you waiting for 6 months?

    ReplyDelete