January 19, 2011

A quick update

Mommy and daddy enjoyed the three day weekend with our lil man.  He had a full weekend and he was an angel while we were out in public.  We ate out twice and went bowling and he was content to hang out in his car seat and play.  He is still getting over his cold.  Since it was lingering, I took him to the doctor on Monday.  His throat and lungs were clear.  He had 100% oxygen so that was great.  His left ear was clear but his right one was slightly irritated, so he was given some antibiotics for that.  He’s still all stuffed up, but he is so much better than he was before.  They also weighed him- he was 16 lbs 13oz.

Despite the cold, Rickybear had a play date over the weekend.  I used to work with the mommy and I haven’t seen her since we were both pregnant!  Too long!  But her two sweeties came over to play.  I cleaned and sanitized the house like a mad woman before they came over.  =)  Her little girl is 18 months and her baby boy is 6 months.  The babies were very into each other at first, but then they started doing their own thing.  No tantrums to speak of, so I consider this one a “win”. 

The weather was warmer on Monday so we headed outside to clean out my car.  I put Ricky on a blanket in the grass.  It was like he was on an island- he was a little leery of crawling on the grass, but he had no problem trying to EAT the grass!  His little friend next door even came over for a quick visit.  The neighbors have a 15 month old little girl.  Rickybear is so interested in everything she does.  I can’t believe that before I know it he will be walking just like she is.  As exciting as it is, I want me little baby to STAY a baby, and to need his mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment