January 11, 2011

Growing in leaps and bounds!

Jess over at Boho Baby Bump made a comment in her last blog that some mommys had told her that three and four months was their favorite age with their babies, and that she felt the same way.  Her baby is now four months old.  I have to admit, I felt the same way at the time, but then Rickybear made five months, then six, and now seven.  Each month has been my favorite age!  Honestly, as hard and exhausting and frustrating as it can be to raise a baby, the good moments and the sweet moments outnumber the bad ones at least ten to one.  Life gets better and better with each passing day.  I love this stage he is in right now because it seems that every day he is learning something new, gaining a new skill, expressing himself better and better.  He is so independent and so determined right now with everything he does.   Beyond cute, and I am beyond in love.

I was hoping to include a video with this next announcement, but Rickybear would rather stop and smile for the camera than actually continue doing what I wanted to video in the first place!  Ack!  But Rickybear crawled for the first time on January 3rd.  The first time he did it for me was when he crawled to my laptop.  He has already taken over the remote control and both of our cell phones- he cannot have my laptop, too!  He has done the wobbly crawling maybe two more times for me since then, but he doesn’t like it.  At all.  It probably takes too much effort for him.  He would much rather stand up.  Now that he has figured out the mechanics of it, he is pulling up on EVERYTHING.  Hello, time to seriously baby proof! 

He started pulling up to standing in his crib over the weekend (the real crib where we let him nap once and awhile, not the Pack ‘n Play where he sleeps) so I had to drop the mattress all the way down.  Yesterday evening I put him in there for about ten minutes while I unpacked the groceries, and when I came back to check on him he was still standing up and looking at the fish tank.  We played together a bit, and by the time I was ready to feed him dinner, he had learned how to step sideways across the length of the crib.  Where did my teeny tiny baby that needs me for everything go???  He is growing into such a little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment