January 7, 2011

Product Review - Diaper Duty Organizer



 
I recently purchased the Diaper Duty Organizer made by Munchkin. It was totally an impulse buy. As cute as my son's nursery is, it's pretty small and we keep so much stuff in there that it's hard to keep it looking as clean and neat as I would like it to be. We don't use a changing table (where would we put it??), so we keep all of our diaper changing supplies on top of the dresser. No matter how much I try, it always seems to be a mess. It's so annoying.

I stopped at Target to stock up on formula (have to use those coupons and Similac checks!) and saw this in an endcap for a little less than $18 dollars. I normally wouldn't spend that on an impulse item that I had read no reviews for (I live on Amazon.com), but I did. Rickybear helped me put it together. It's four pieces- very simple to put together. The middle piece is divided so I can put my daytime diapers on one side and the nighttime diapers on the other. The two side compartments can come off if you are limited on space. I put his lotions, ointments, powders, and various other supplies in the sides. There are three open bins on the left side and two open bins on the right. The third bin on the right is designed to hold a roll of diaper bags (12 are included in the box). I keep diaper disposal bags with me when I go out, but I don't use them at home since I have a disposal can in the nursery. I am sure a lot of people might need it, and I have plenty of storage in the other five bins, so it doesn't bother me that one is devoted to that. As you can see, the warmer or wipe box sits right on top.


Overall, I really like the product. It meets my needs and seems pretty durable. It was easy to assemble. A down side might be that it only comes in one color- the center is clear and the side bins are blue. Actually, the blue is so muted it almost looks periwinkle in person.  Fortunately, I have a boy and it also matches the nursery fairly well. I think it's a great buy for less than twenty bucks.

2 comments:

  1. It looks perfect! I was debating whether or not to buy one but we have a changing table upstairs and downstairs we have shelves that I put "decorative" boxes on which holds all of her diapers, wipes, bibs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same one - love it!

    ReplyDelete