January 6, 2011

Another day at the doctor's office

Yesterday Rickybear was scheduled to have his second set of six month shots.  It was only supposed to be two shots- his second flu vaccine and one more that I can't currently remember.  Well, I took off from work and drove 30 minutes to meet my mom at the doctor's office, only to be told that they were out of the second shot.  Really?  And you didn't know you were running out before I drove over here?  They thought I would want to cancel, but since we were there I wanted the baby to go ahead and get at least the flu shot since it is still flu season.  It was so quick!  He opened his mouth to cry, but I scooped him up and held him and he was over it just that quick.  He didn't have fever or anything last night.  In fact, this was the third night in a row that he slept solidly without waking up.  Sweet!

I asked to have him weighed unofficially since we haven't had him weighed since he started solids.  He still had on his onesie, but he was 16 lbs 10.5 oz.  I also tried to measure him at home and I got 25.25 inches.  So. Very. Small.  But he is so healthy.  I was letting him play in just his diaper last night and it stuck me just how wonderful that little baby is.  He is so tiny but he is perfect.  He is so strong and so determined and it's crazy to me how everything it takes to make him function is packed into that teeny tiny body.  So far he has no scars, no freckles, and just a tiny light pink stork bite at the hairline on the back of his neck.  I wonder if I will notice when he gets his first freckle.  I wonder how much it will hurt me when he gets his first big bruise.

I hope that kid knows how crazy I am about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment