November 26, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Week 38


I am enjoying day 3 of my 4-day weekend.  Hopefully we can get a few Christmas decorations up and finish packing my hospital bag and delivery room bag.  It is all becoming very real now.  I am officially full term now so the baby can come any time.  I have never had contractions that weren't medically induced, so I am not really sure how all that works and if I will even know what to do.  It's a little nerve-wracking, honestly.

My doctor appointment on Tuesday went really well.  I was one pound down from the week before (after days of Thanksgiving deliciousness, I am not expecting the scale to be as kind). My blood pressure was good.  The baby's heartrate was fine.  I am still feeling good movement, although it's more of just a shifting now than actual kicking.  The baby is still in the right position.  I was 1cm dilated.  I have also never been dilated before without medical intervention, so that's pretty cool.  Hopefully that's a sign that even if I am induced again, that labor won't be 25 hours long.

I am still getting around pretty well, but it's hard to get up off the couch and up from the bed, lol.  I need a little help sometimes.  Even with all the Thanksgiving goodies, I am still not very swollen.  I feel like the baby has dropped.  My stomach looks lower and I am feeling more pressure in my pelvis.  Surprisingly, my energy level is still pretty decent, even running after a baby and picking up toys all day long.  Thank goodness I have a desk job.

I am pretty much caught up on my work.  I am finishing up with the house.  I turned in my FMLA paperwork, so I am pretty much all official.  I am just waiting for the inevitable.  Hope my water doesn't break sitting at my desk at work!  =)

2 comments:

  1. wow you are so close to the end! i gave birth to my little girl at 38 weeks :) hope you are staying nice and comfortable!

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete