November 15, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Week 36


My office threw me a surprise baby shower on Thursday of last week.  It was very sweet and we received a lot of useful gifts and gift cards.  They wanted to have it early in case I delivered early.  When I was pregnant with Rickybear, I had to go in to Labor & Delivery and spend the night for observation, so I missed work the following day, thereby missing my baby shower!  Oops!

I have 4 weeks to go and am still feeling pretty good.  I am feeling a lot of pressure so I think that perhaps the baby has dropped a little bit.  He/she hangs out under my left ribcage all day, so I hope that it's a tushie I feel and not a head- this baby had better not be breech!  I haven't had too much swelling yet and I still haven't gained any weight.  I am getting up at least 6 times a night to go to the bathroom, even if I stopped drinking water by 7pm!  My heels are cracked from the weather, so having to walk delicately just enhances my waddle.  Heartburn is a daily occurrence.

We had a 3 day weekend from work due to Veterans Day.  On Friday I headed over to my mom's and spent the entire day freezer cooking with her for when I am out on maternity leave.  I really hope that everything I cooked doesn't get terrible freezer burn, but I did my best to wrap it all up.  We are going to eat it anyway!!  I finished 6 meals and I hope to make at least that many this weekend, if possible.  We also made a lot of progress on getting the guest room ready and moving furniture for the baby's arrival.  I still need to pull out all of the newborn clothes, sterilize my pumps and bottles, pack a hospital bag, and write thank you cards!  There is a lot that I want to accomplish, but time is running out!  We have maternity pics scheduled for this weekend.

I normally have my OB appointments on Tuesday, but it's on a Wednesday this week, so I am super impatient!  I have an ultrasound and then my regular checkup.  I think I will get my L&D paperwork and have to pay the hospital copay this week.  That makes it seem so real!  I also need to drop off my FMLA paperwork for the doctor to complete.  I have a lot of questions for this upcoming appointment.  The ultrasound will tell us how big the baby is and give us a better idea of a game plan.  I am getting nervous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment