July 23, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 20 weeks

He or she is about the size of a small cantaloupe.

Wow, I hit the halfway point and suddenly I feel very pregnant!  Back pain, check.  Hip pain at night, check.  Waddling, almost there.

Heartburn has been rampant this week no matter what I eat.  I didn't really have heartburn with Ricky, but he popped out with a head full of hair, so I guess that old wives tale might not be true.

No weight gain still.  It feels like a victory every week when I see the scale not move.  And that is not being selfish on my part.  I am eating all of my pregnancy calories and getting great nutrition, but when you are obese to start with, it's normal not gain any weight or to have minimal weight gain.  Since I was eating waaaayyyyyy too many calories before pregnancy, now that I have scaled it back closer to the appropriate amount and have started to get more walking in, it's ok for me to lose some weight.  That being said, my belly is getting bigger and bigger.  If it's this big now, I can't imagine how big I will be in 4 more months!

Big news for this week is that I can feel the baby moving now!  I wasn't sure for awhile, but this week it's very evident.  Nothing I can feel on the outside yet, but I am sure it won't be but a few more weeks for that.

We have the anatomy ultrasound coming up this week and daddy should be able to make it to this one.  We have a very exciting week coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment