July 18, 2011

Pregnancy Update- 19 weeks

I just hit week 19 in my pregnancyI am figuring that we will induce this baby early as well (Rickybear was taken 12 days early), so I am thinking that I am halfway finished with this one! 

The baby is the size of an heirloom tomato, in case you were just dying to know.  We showed Rickybear what that looks like when we were at the grocery store this weekend.

Aside from the killer heartburn yesterday, I have been feeling really well!  The morning sickness was much much worse this time- I was getting sick about 4 times a day, but I wasn’t sick nearly as long.  I am still fatigued, but at least I don’t need to nap at my desk during my break anymore.  My hubby, however, needs a nap like every day now.  Perhaps my fatigue transferred over to him.

I am wearing my regular work clothes, but my casual clothes are all maternity.  Obviously I was a big girl before the pregnancy, so most things still fit the same, even though I have lost 9 lbs total so far. 

No cravings so far.  I didn’t have cravings last time, either.  Like last time, however, I am eating cereal like it’s going out of style.  It’s a lot healthier to munch on some Special K when I am hungry than a bowl of ice cream.

My BP is fine so far.  The only health concern is that I have gestational diabetes this time around, which is overwhelming and something I am not used to dealing with at all.  That will be another post altogether.

Bottom line: we are halfway there and doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment