December 13, 2010

It's time to eat!

I love that I can make all of my baby’s food.  I don’t know why it’s so surprising to people when I tell them that I waiting until 6 months to start Rickybear on solids and that I make all of his food.  What did people do before they had jarred food?  It’s not much of a burden.  It doesn’t require a lot of time. I can take an hour on Sunday night and make enough food to last the entire week.  I feel like I am doing something special for him.

Last night one of my Babyfit friends posted that they had made over 200 ice cubes worth of baby food!  She had to have spent hours doing it, but that’s enough food to last for weeks!  I usually just make enough to last him a week (he only eats about 2 cubes a day), but one day I might be that adventurous.  Anyway, her post motivated me to get up and prepare his food for the week, so now he has carrots and yellow squash to try.

So far he loves bananas and sweet potatoes, likes avocado, tolerates oatmeal, and doesn’t like green beans.

We have tried Gerber Graduate puffs, but he hasn’t gotten the hang of them.  He has gotten better at picking them up, but once they go in his mouth, they just sit on his tongue and massive amounts of drool pour out while the puffs dissolve.  LOL!  He still needs to work on that!

Every day with him is an adventure.  I love being a mom!



That would be sweet potatoes... yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment