December 5, 2010

After his 6 month well check-up appointment, Rickybear had no fever whatsoever, so I scheduled to take him back on Thursday to see the nurse. We were in and out within 10 minutes. He was such a champ. He cried when he actually got the shots, but as soon as we scooped him up, he began to smile. He ran a small fever after the shots, but he was trying to jump right away, so his lil legs couldn‘t have been too sore. Aside from taking a 3 hour nap that afternoon, he was just like his usual self!

Guess what? I sprained my wrist this week. At first I attributed my wrist pain to my flu shot, which had made my entire arm ache. By Thursday the pain was unbearable (since my job consists of typing on a keyboard for 8 hours day!), so after Rickybear’s shots I decided to stay home and rest it. I had NO CLUE as to what I did to hurt it… until Thursday night. I went to get Ricky bear a bottle at 4am and stumbled into a doorway in my zombie state and nearly hit the floor… then it came back to me. Yep, I think I fell the night before. Getting up from a dead sleep to tend to the baby can be dangerous!! I also took the next day off of work and now my wrist is feeling much better. Thank goodness! I can’t tell you how hard it is to diaper change and dress a squirmy baby with one hand!

As a reward for being such a good boy, I decided to take Rickybear to see Santa for the first time!! Bass Pro has free pictures, so the neighbor and I packed up our babies and headed out on Friday night. Alyce has a 13mo little girl named Avery, and she has another one on the way. The line was a bit long, but moved pretty quickly. My lil man was a pro up there! He even pulled on Santa’s beard just to make sure it was real (it was!). The picture is so stinkin cute! Boogie has been a very good boy this year so I think Santa will be very good to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment