April 3, 2012

Carter's 4 Month well visit

Yesterday was Carter's 4 month birthday!  Oh, how time flies!  I think he must have known that we were allowed to sleep in until 7:30am because he was bright eyed and giggly at 5am.  SERIOUSLY???  I was beyond annoyed.  I am in some serious need of a 5 hr uninterrupted block of sleep. 

I got up and got hubby off to work, then packed the diaper bags for the day.  I dropped Rickybear off at Maw Maw's and then headed to the doctor with Carter.  He was so unsuspecting. 

Here he is in the waiting room:


Once he was taken back to the room, I waited until they had weighed him to give him a bottle.  At this point, he is still only drinking expressed breast milk, except on rare occasions.  My milk supply is starting to drop a little, so I will have to start pumping more and eat more oatmeal and lactation cookies.  My goal is 6 months of EBM only! 


His cradle cap is still there a little, but he checked out perfectly!  Here are his stats:

Weight: 13 lb 15 oz
Height: 25.75 in
Head Circ: 17


After his exam, I got him dressed again while we waited for the nurse to come in with his shots.  =(


I need to start him on vitamin D supplements.


I won't post the picture of him crying after his shots.  He had that sweet gunk that he had to swallow, followed by 3 shots.  He cried a lot longer than I anticipated.  It made me feel pretty bad.  Maw Maw said he didn't look like he felt good, but he slept a lot and also played a lot.  Last night he had a fever of 99.6 at 9:30 when I checked him, so he got his first ever dose of acetaminophen.  He was hot all night an restless and cried a lot.  I had to hold him to get him to sleep for more than a few minutes at a time.  At 2am, he was 99.7 so he got another small dose.  It doesn't help that the house was shaking last night due to the thunderstorms and that the bedroom was warmer than usual.  I hope he has a good day today!

We have had quite a few milestones in our household that I haven’t yet shared!

On Friday 3/23, Rickybear jumped up and down for the first time on the floor.  He has been jumping on the bed, but never actually lifted off the ground before.

On Friday 3/30, Rickybear another took on the bottom tooth.  By Sunday, he had but the matching tooth on the other side.  He now has all of his baby teeth except for his 2 yr molars.

On Saturday 3/31, Carter discovered he had FEET!!!  And also, Ricky snorted water up his nose during bath time.  He has taken to laying on his tummy some during bath time and I think he learned a lesson… Our other big achievement was Ricky COUNTING TO TEN!!  About a dozen times!!!  I was so proud.  I think that’s awesome for a 22 month old!


No comments:

Post a Comment