February 7, 2012

Sam's 2nd birthday party!

Saturday was a birthday party day.  The first party we went to was for my cousin and his son.  (By the way, I don't really know how that works... does that make both of them my cousins?)...  Anyway, I wasn't able to stay but an hour, which was really very disappointing for me.  I was happy to spend time with family that I only get to see once or twice a year... my cousins, my aunt (and uncle, via skype!), and my sister.  Everyone was able to meet Carter for the first time and to see how much Rickybear had grown. 

When we first got there, Ricky pretty much hung out with the adults.  Literally five minutes before we left was when he warmed up and started playing with the other kids.  Can you imagine the crying that ensued?  It was sad.  He did get some presents from family, though, which included a stuffed monkey (I love hearing him say "monkey"... it's adorable) and a super soft stuffed bear.  My family also gave me a mini baby shower, which was totally unexpected.  I had a really nice time while I was there and I wish I could have stayed longer, but hopefully we can have more play dates and meet ups soon.

So here are the pics that I took from that party.  I missed the pinata and the cake and presents, but here is what I have.  Sorry if they are a little blurry.

We had just arrived.  Playing with a shiny balloon!

My aunt playing with Sam, the birthday boy.

My aunt with Sam and my mom with Ricky


My sister feeding baby Carter



Ricky opening his presents



Finally playing on a learning pad with another little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment