March 9, 2012

Yep, this is how I feel by Friday....

Big yawn!


My typical day starts off around 5am.  I get up, feed the baby, make lunches/coffee, pack both diaper bags, wash bottles, pack the breast pump bag, load the car, wake up Rickybear, change baby tushies, get dressed, pack the kiddos into the car, leave the house around 6:30am, then drop off the kids with whichever set of grandparents will be caring for them that day.  Then I drive my hour to work (while pumping).  I work 8-5 (pump at lunch).  I then drive the hour and 15 min drive to pick up the kiddos (pumping until I get the kids), and then get home around 6:45pm.  I make the 4 trips from the car to the house to bring in all 4 bags, plus both kids.  I get the mail and unpack the bags, feed the cat, and by that time the kids are ready for their sippy cup and a bottle.  Ah!  I do like to sit and relax for a bit... watch tv or play with the kids before it's bedtime.  Rickybear eats some time in there.  I am lucky if I can catch a quick shower and pick up the toys- forget about the dishes, laundry, etc!  Daddy gets home at 8:30pm and expects a hot meal (wait, when am I supposed to have time to cook that???).  We chat a bit and watch some tv, I pump again, feed Carter, then I head to bed with Carter.  Usually at around 2am I get up to pump and feed Carter again (he only gets up usually once or twice a night at this point).  Then my new day starts again at around 5am.

This week I have really fortunate in that my mom made us spaghetti on Monday, his mom made us a cheeseburger casserole on Tuesday, and then my mom chicken and rice on Wednesday.  I was really glad, especially since I got home at 7:45p one day due to traffic accidents. Even with my trying to freezer cook, it's hard to get a good meal on the table every night that isn't just frozen pizza or Tuna Helper.   I am thankful for the thoughtful family that we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment